Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Eighteen years ago I married my best friend.

 


It's hard to believe I have known this man for 22 years. I think I fell in love with him the minute he walked in the door at a friends Christmas Eve party. I was breathless.  I thought he was So Cute!!!  His eyes were just gorgeous!! Then he sat next to me! I literally stopped breathing.  I'm sure he could hear my heart beat it was pounding so hard in my chest.  I couldn't get over the fact that this gorgeous man was sitting next to me carrying on a conversation with me.  He stayed there the entire evening.

I really had a great time that evening and was sad when it was ending.  Then my friends brother invited Perry and his roommate over for a jam session.  Perry asked me to go with.  Of course I said yes.  I think we were there till about 1am.  As we were leaving Perry walked me to my truck and gave me a hug and a kiss.  I'll never forget that hug.  He called me when he got home, he lived about an hour away, and we talked for a while.  We only talked on the phone for a month or so.  Then finally he asked me if I wanted to go with him to a friend's Superbowl Party.

And then it was history.  He was the man of my dreams...and he still is. My heart and soul belong to him forever.






 

2 comments:

Rivergirl said...

Congrats! And may you have many more happy years....

Mislizhollywood said...

What a beautiful love story Stacie! He was a smart man. He obviously knew a good thing when he saw it.