
It seems like my life lately has been taken over by dogs and I love them dearly. I am getting ready to send out our next newsletter and have been thinking about how my life has changed since Mirage & Codie came to live with us.
Right now we have 22 dogs living with us. Karma and her pups will be available for adoption soon. Karma has been spayed and her stitches will come out tomorrow. She is the sweetest most loving little dog who is just starving for attention.
I'll never forget the day we went to pick her up. Here was this little skeleton of a dog who only weighed 8 pounds. Karma is a Miniature American Eskimo and should weigh 15 - 16 pounds. You could feel ever bone in her little body. She had just had a litter of 7 puppies. I don't know how she survived the birth. She was in pretty bad shape.
Karma has just become a joy to have with us and it is going to be so hard to give her up when she is finally adopted. Karma is an extremely protective momma and would not let anyone reach into her kennel to help her or the pups when we first picked her up. We had to lasso her and pull her out to be able to look at her pups. Sadly one of them did not make it. Two were extremely small and had a difficult birth.
All of them and Karma were so flea infested that we had to spray Frontline on our hands and rub them down with it. The puppies were so small we could hold all 6 of them in our hands. Once Karma was out of the Kennel, she looked on attentively, but allowed us to handle them. After we got home I just sat on the floor next to the kennel talking to her and petting her. I didn't try to handle the puppies at all.
The next day after realizing who I was, she let me reach into the kennel and let me start to handle the pups. She was such a gentle loving momma and seemed to know that we just wanted to help her and her babies. Karma has come a long way now. She loves to play and cuddle. She can't be more than a year old herself.
She will always be petite for a mini Eskie, but she makes up for being so small in all the love she has to give. Karma's luck changed the day we picked her up. Now she has a happy loving future to look forward to. I'll write more about the puppies latter.
Be Well & Be Happy,
Stacie
To learn more about our rescue visit our website at www.eskiedog.org
2 comments:
Hey was just rolling thru wanted to let ya know ya got a cool blog here Nice Job.
She sounds adorable. I bet you found homes for her and the pups quite easily. It seems the tiny dogs are what people want now more.
Post a Comment